Last updated: December 8th, 2019
Thank you for using Everfells!
Information we collect
We collect information to provide a better experience to all of our users. The specific things we collect are listed below.
Information you give us
- Account information. When you sign up for an account on Everfells, we ask for certain personal information such as your name, email, mailing address, and company name. Currently, only Hosts are sharing this information with us as an account is not required to book adventures.
- Google or Facebook account information. We allow you to use your Google or Facebook ID to set up an Everfells Account. When you choose to do so, you share information from these services with us (e.g. your public profile and email).
- Payment information. We collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) when you use our payment services to book an adventure. We do not store these details.
- Other information. You may choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use any other features of the Everfells Platform.
Information collected automatically on the Everfells Platform
- Usage information. We gather information about your interactions with the Everfells Platform, such as the pages you view and the bookings you’ve made.
- Log data. Like most websites, we automatically collect information such as your IP address, access times, device information, device event information such as crashes and browser type, and the page you’ve viewed before or after using the Everfells Platform.
- Location information. When you use our platform, we may collect your location information to make a map more relevant to your location. If you do not want us to collect this information, you can disable location services on your device.
- Transaction information. We collect information related to your transactions on the Everfells Platform, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details. We do not store payment details or card numbers.
- Pixel tags. We also use pixel tags (also known as clear GIFs or web beacons), which are used to track the movements of web users. Unlike cookies, pixel tags are not sent to the user’s hard drive. Rather, they are invisibly embedded on the website.
How we use information
We use the data we collect to provide, improve, and develop our platform, and to protect you and everyone on Everfells. Specifically, we may use information to:
- Enable you to access and use the Everfells Platform.
- Identify you as a user in our system.
- Enable you to use our payment services.
- Provide customer service and support.
- Create and maintain a secure and trusted environment.
- Improve and optimize the user adventure on our Site and Services.
- Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- Measure and improve marketing communications such as newsletters, surveys, and offers.
- Publish testimonials and comments from users who have had a positive adventure on Everfells. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial.
- Develop business intelligence that enables us to make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, and other harmful activity.
- Resolve possible disputes with our users.
- Comply with our legal obligations and industry standards.
How we disclose information
Everfells does not sell personal data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your information only with trusted parties, including:
- Hosts and Guests. We share your personal data with other members on Everfells solely for the purpose of providing our Site and Services, most often to help facilitate bookings.
- Service providers. We may share your information with trusted third-party service providers that help us verify your identification, provide customer service, advertising, payment services or other services related to Everfells. These service providers have limited access to your personal information and are required not to use your data other than to provide the services requested by Everfells.
- General public. We allow you to publish information that is visible to the general public. For example, published Trip pages are publicly visible and contain information such as the Trip description, photo and description of the Host, calendar availability, and location of the Trip.
- Safety, law enforcement, and legal authorities. We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental authorities, or authorized third parties in order to (i) protect both your and our rights and safety, and/or those of our affiliates or others; (ii) enforce our Terms of Service; and (iii) respond to requests from the aforementioned authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
- Anonymous data. We may create and share anonymous data (combined information about our users that does not identify any individual users) for analyzing usage patterns so that we can improve our Site and Services, and other business purposes.
Moreover, we may share your information with your own consent, such as when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your Everfells Account.
We work hard to protect all the members on Everfells against unauthorized access and other security threats. For example, we encrypt our website using SSL. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g. if you suspect that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us at hello@ everfells.com as quickly as possible.
Your choices regarding information and privacy
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information:
- Email communications. We may periodically send you free newsletters and emails that promote the use of our Site and Services. If you want to stop receiving such emails, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in the emails or by contacting us directly. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving these promotional emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide our services.
- Changing or deleting your account. As mentioned above, currently only hosts are required to create an Everfells Account. All Hosts may update their account information by editing on the Everfells Platform or by contacting us. If you’re a Host, you may also delete your account by making a request to us.
Updates to this policy